As a former scientist and now writer and speaker, science based health education is close to my heart.
As someone who understands that science can be daunting for a non-scientist my role in health education is to make difficult subjects as simple and relevant as possible. However, I am beginning to accept that all we have been taught about health and healing has been very limited in the race for acceptance of evidence-based medicine. The healing aspect has been largely lost. Hence it is my mission to combine the holistic and the scientific – somthing which I think is a unique offering. I love to communicate, teach and inspire people based on my research, practice and personal experience- and I am, hopefully jargon-free!
Subjects I have tackled recently include:
- the microbiome – how we live with the microbes in and on us and communicate to produce health or disease
- attachment theory – how and why you find relationships difficult
- early life trauma and the body – how early events landscape the mind and body towards illness
- neuroscience; how memory is formed and the function of the several different types.
- how to heal with body-based therapies such as naturopathic nutrition, EFT/ EMDR and havening.
- how plants and contact with nature can heal you